• Armor Class: 19 • Hit Points: 195 (17d12+85) • Speed: 40 ft., fly 80 ft., swim 40 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Dex +7, Con +10, Wis +6, Cha +8 • Skills:
Perception +11, Stealth +7 • Senses:
blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft. • Languages:
Common, Draconic • Challenge:
14 (11500 XP) • Environments:
• Amphibious: The dragon can breathe air and water.
• Legendary Resistance (3/Day): If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
• Multiattack: The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
• Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d10 + 6) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) acid damage.
• Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d6 + 6) slashing damage.
• Tail: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage.
• Frightful Presence: Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
• Acid Breath (Recharge 5-6): The dragon exhales acid in a 60-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw, taking 54 (12d8) acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
The adult black dragon can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. The adult black dragon regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
• Detect: The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
• Tail Attack: The dragon makes a tail attack.
• Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions): The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 10 ft. of the dragon must succeed on a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or take 13 (2d6 + 6) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.