• Armor Class: 17 • Hit Points: 75 (10d10+20) • Speed: 40 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Con +5 • Skills:
Deception +5, Perception +5 • Resistances:
cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks • Senses:
darkvision 60 ft. • Languages:
Common, Giant, Sylvan • Challenge:
6 (2300 XP) • Environments:
• Hag Coven: When hags must work together, they form covens, in spite of their selfish natures. A coven is made up of hags of any type, all of whom are equals within the group. However, each of the hags continues to desire more personal power.
A coven consists of three hags so that any arguments between two hags can be settled by the third. If more than three hags ever come together, as might happen if two covens come into conflict, the result is usually chaos.
• Hag Eye (Coven Only): A hag coven can craft a magic item called a hag eye, which is made from a real eye coated in varnish and often fitted to a pendant or other wearable item. The hag eye is usually entrusted to a minion for safekeeping and transport. A hag in the coven can take an action to see what the hag eye sees if the hag eye is on the same plane of existence. A hag eye has AC 10, 1 hit point, and darkvision with a radius of 60 feet. If it is destroyed, each coven member takes 3d10 psychic damage and is blinded for 24 hours.
A hag coven can have only one hag eye at a time, and creating a new one requires all three members of the coven to perform a ritual. The ritual takes 1 hour, and the hags can't perform it while blinded. During the ritual, if the hags take any action other than performing the ritual, they must start over.
The hag's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13). She can innately cast the following spells:
For casting these spells, each hag is a 12th-level spellcaster that uses Intelligence as her spellcasting ability. The spell save DC is 12+the hag's Intelligence modifier, and the spell attack bonus is 4+the hag's Intelligence modifier.
Variant: Death Coven
For a death coven, replace the spell list of the hags' Shared Spellcasting trait with the following spells:
• Multiattack: The annis makes three attacks: one with her bite and two with her claws.
• Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (3d6+5) piercing damage.
• Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (3d6+5) slashing damage.
• Crushing Hug: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 36 (9d6+5) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 15) if it is a Large or smaller creature. Until the grapple ends, the target takes 36 (9d6+5) bludgeoning damage at the start of each of the hag's turns. The hag can't make attacks while grappling a creature in this way.