• Armor Class: 16 • Hit Points: 93 (11d10+33) • Speed: 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
Perception +4 • Condition Immunities:
poisoned • Senses:
darkvision 60 ft. • Languages:
understands Deep Speech but can't speak • Challenge:
4 (1100 XP) • Environments:
• Amphibious: The chuul can breathe air and water.
• Sense Magic: The chuul senses magic within 120 feet of it at will. This trait otherwise works like the detect magic spell but isn't itself magical.
• Multiattack: The chuul makes two pincer attacks. If the chuul is grappling a creature, the chuul can also use its tentacles once.
• Pincer: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage. The target is grappled (escape DC 14) if it is a Large or smaller creature and the chuul doesn't have two other creatures grappled.
• Tentacles: One creature grappled by the chuul must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.