• Armor Class: 20 • Hit Points: 97 (13d8+39) • Speed: 30 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Int +5, Wis +3, Cha +5 • Senses:
darkvision 60 ft. • Languages:
Common, Goblin • Challenge:
6 (2300 XP) • Environments:
Arctic, Coast, Grassland, Mountain, Urban
• Martial Advantage: Once per turn, the hobgoblin can deal an extra 14 (4d6) damage to a creature it hits with a weapon attack if that creature is within 5 ft. of an ally of the hobgoblin that isn't incapacitated.
• Multiattack: The hobgoblin makes three melee attacks. Alternatively, it can make two ranged attacks with its javelins.
• Longsword: Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage if used with two hands.
• Shield Bash: Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) bludgeoning damage. If the target is Large or smaller, it must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
• Javelin: Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
• Leadership (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest): For 1 minute, the hobgoblin can utter a special command or warning whenever a nonhostile creature that it can see within 30 feet of it makes an attack roll or a saving throw. The creature can add a d4 to its roll provided it can hear and understand the hobgoblin. A creature can benefit from only one Leadership die at a time. This effect ends if the hobgoblin is incapacitated.
• Parry: The hobgoblin adds 3 to its AC against one melee attack that would hit it. To do so, the hobgoblin must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.