• Armor Class: 17 • Hit Points: 135 (18d8+54) • Speed: 30 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Con +10, Int +12, Wis +9 • Skills:
Arcana +18, History +12, Insight +9, Perception +9 • Condition Immunities:
charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned • Resistances:
cold, lightning, necrotic • Senses:
truesight 120 ft. • Languages:
Deep Speech, Undercommon, telepathy 120 ft. • Challenge:
22 (41000 XP)
• Legendary Resistance (3/Day): If the illithilich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
• Rejuvenation: If it has a phylactery, a destroyed illithilich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
• Turn Resistance: The illithilich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
• Magic Resistance: The illithilich has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
The illithilich is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following wizard spells prepared:
• Paralyzing Touch: Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
• Tentacles: Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 21 (3d10+5) psychic damage. If the target is Large or smaller, it is grappled (escape DC 15) and must succeed on a DC 20 Intelligence saving throw or be stunned until this grapple ends.
• Extract Brain: Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one incapacitated humanoid grappled by the lich. Hit: 55 (10d10) piercing damage. If this damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the lich kills the target by extracting and devouring its brain.
• Mind Blast (Recharge 5-6): The illithilich magically emits psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 18 Intelligence saving throw or take 27 (5d8+5) psychic damage and be stunned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The illithilich can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. The illithilich regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
• Tentacles: The illithilich makes one attack with its tentacles.