• Armor Class: 17 • Hit Points: 135 (18d8+54) • Speed: 30 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Con +10, Int +12, Wis +9 • Skills:
Arcana +18, History +12, Insight +9, Perception +9 • Condition Immunities:
charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned • Resistances:
cold, lightning, necrotic • Senses:
truesight 120 ft. • Languages:
Common plus up to five other languages • Challenge:
21 (33000 XP) • Environments:
Dungeon, Ruins, Urban
• Legendary Resistance (3/Day): If the lich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
• Rejuvenation: If it has a phylactery, a destroyed lich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
• Turn Resistance: The lich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
The lich is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following wizard spells prepared:
• Paralyzing Touch: Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The lich can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. The lich regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
• Cantrip: The lich casts a cantrip.
• Paralyzing Touch (Costs 2 Actions): The lich uses its Paralyzing Touch.
• Frightening Gaze (Costs 2 Actions): The lich fixes its gaze on one creature it can see within 10 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become frightened for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the lich's gaze for the next 24 hours.
• Disrupt Life (Costs 3 Actions): Each non-undead creature within 20 feet of the lich must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 21 (6d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.