• Armor Class: 17 • Hit Points: 172 (15d12+75) • Speed: 20 ft., swim 40 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Str +11, Con +9, Int +4, Wis +6, Cha +6 • Condition Immunities:
frightened, paralyzed • Resistances:
bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks • Senses:
truesight 60 ft. • Languages:
understands Common but can't speak; telepathy 60 ft. • Challenge:
10 (5900 XP)
• Source: tales from the yawning portal, page 239
• Amphibious: The kraken can breathe air and water.
• Siege Monster: The kraken deals double damage to objects and structures.
• Multiattack: The kraken makes three tentacle attacks. One of them can be replaced with a bite attack, and any of them can be replaced with Fling.
• Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d8 + 7) piercing damage.
• Tentacle: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d6 + 7) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 16). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained. The kraken has ten tentacles, each of which can grapple one target.
• Fling: One Medium or smaller object held or creature grappled by the kraken's tentacles is thrown up to 60 feet in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes a solid surface, the target takes 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.
• Lightning Storm: The kraken creates three bolts of lightning, each of which can strike a target the kraken can see within 150 feet ofit. A target must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 16 (3d10) lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.