• Armor Class: 15 • Hit Points: 71 (13d8+13) • Speed: 30 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Int +7, Wis +6, Cha +6 • Skills:
Arcana +7, Deception +6, Insight +6, Perception +6, Persuasion +6, Stealth +4 • Senses:
darkvision 120 ft. • Languages:
Deep Speech, Undercommon, telepathy 120 ft. • Challenge:
8 (3900 XP)
• Magic Resistance: The mind flayer has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Innate Spellcasting (Psionics)
The mind flayer is a 10th-level spellcaster. Its innate spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 15; +7 to hit with spell attacks). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components:
• Tentacles: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 15 (2dl0+4) psychic damage. If the target is Medium or smaller, it is grappled (escape DC 15) and must succeed on a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw or be stunned until this grapple ends.
• Extract Brain: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one incapacitated humanoid grappled by the mind flayer. Hit: The target takes 55 (10d10) piercing damage. If this damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the mind flayer kills the target by extracting and devouring its brain.
• Mind Blast (Recharge 5-6): The mind flayer magically emits psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw or take 22 (4d8+4) psychic damage and be stunned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.