• Death Burst: When the mephit dies, it explodes in a burst of sticky mud. Each Medium or smaller creature within 5 ft. of it must succeed on a DC 11 Dexterity saving throw or be restrained until the end of the creature's next turn.
• False Appearance: While the mephit remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary mound of mud.
• Fists: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) bludgeoning damage.
• Mud Breath (Recharge 6): The mephit belches viscid mud onto one creature within 5 ft. of it. If the target is Medium or smaller, it must succeed on a DC 11 Dexterity saving throw or be restrained for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
• Variant: Summon Mephits (1/Day): The mephit has a 25 percent chance of summoning 1d4 mephits of its kind. A summoned mephit appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can't summon other mephits. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.