• Armor Class: 12 • Hit Points: 33 (6d8+6) • Speed: 40 ft.
Perception +3, Stealth +6 • Resistances:
bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks while in dim light or darkness • Senses:
darkvision 60 ft. • Challenge:
2 (450 XP) • Environments:
Forest, Grassland, Swamp
• Ethereal Awareness: The shadow mastiff can see ethereal creatures and objects.
• Keen Hearing and Smell: The shadow mastiff has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
• Shadow Blend: While in dim light or darkness, the shadow mastiff can use a bonus action to become invisible, along with anything it is wearing or carrying. The invisibility lasts until the shadow mastiff uses a bonus action to end it or until the shadow mastiff attacks, is in bright light, or is incapacitated.
• Sunlight Weakness: While in bright light created by sunlight, the shadow mastiff has disadvantage on attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.
• Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6+3) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.