• Death Burst: When the mephit dies, it explodes in a cloud of steam. Each creature within 5 ft. of the mephit must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or take 4 (1d8) fire damage.
• Innate Spellcasting (1/Day): The mephit can innately cast blur, requiring no material components. Its innate spellcasting ability is Charisma.
• Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 2 (1d4) slashing damage plus 2 (1d4) fire damage.
• Steam Breath (Recharge 6): The mephit exhales a 15-foot cone of scalding steam. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4 (1d8) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
• Variant: Summon Mephits (1/Day): The mephit has a 25 percent chance of summoning 1d4 mephits of its kind. A summoned mephit appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can't summon other mephits. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.