• Armor Class: 13 • Hit Points: 45 (6d8+18) • Speed: 0 ft., fly 30 ft. (hover)
• Saving Throws:
Wis +3 • Condition Immunities:
charmed, exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained • Resistances:
acid, cold, lightning, necrotic, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks • Senses:
darkvision 60 ft. • Challenge:
3 (700 XP)
• Source: tales from the yawning portal, page 247
• Undead Nature: A vampiric mist doesn't require air or sleep.
• Blood Sense: The vampiric mist can sense living creatures that have blood or similar vital fluids in a radius of 60 feet .
• Forbiddance: The vampiric mist can 't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
• Misty Form: The vampiric mist can occupy another creature's space and vice versa. In addition, if air can pass through a space, the mist can pass through it without squeezing. Each foot of movement in water costs it 2 extra feet, rather than l extra foot. The mist can 't manipulate objects in any way that requires hands; it can apply simple force only.
• Sunlight Hypersensitivity: The vampiric mist takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, the mist has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.
• Blood Drain: One creature in the vampiric mist's space must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw (undead and constructs automatically succeed). On a failed save, the target takes 10 (2d6 + 3) necrotic damage, its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and the mist regains hit points equal to that amount.
This reduction to the target's hit point maximum lasts until the target finishes a long rest. It dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.