• Armor Class: 5 • Hit Points: 217 (14d20+70) • Speed: 10 ft.
• Condition Immunities:
blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, poisoned, prone • Resistances:
acid, cold, fire • Senses:
blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius) • Languages:
telepathy 50 ft. • Challenge:
10 (5900 XP)
• Source: tales from the yawning portal, page 248
• Ooze Nature: White Maw doesn't require sleep.
• Amorphous Form: White Maw can occupy another creature's space and vice versa.
• Corrode Metal: Any nonmagical weapon made of metal that hits White Maw corrodes. After dealing damage, the weapon takes a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to damage rolls. If its penalty drops to -5, the weapon is destroyed. Nonmagical ammunition made of metal that hits White Maw is destroyed after dealing damage.
White Maw can eat through 2-inch-thick, nonmagical metal in 1 round.
• False Appearance: While White Maw remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from white stone.
• Killer Response: Any creature that starts its turn in White Maw's space is targeted by a pseudopod attack if White Maw isn't incapacitated.
• Pseudopod: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage plus 9 (2d8) acid damage. If the target is wearing nonmagical metal armor, its armor is partly corroded and takes a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to the AC it offers. The armor is destroyed if the penalty reduces its AC to 10.